Tuesday, May 27, 2008




Well, it's raining the proverbial 'Cats and Dogs' outside, so thought it was a good time to sit down and add a line or two about the events of the day.......Just got in from running around town and taking a piano lesson..My tuesdays are always a favorite day of the wk for me.I really enjoy going to the lesson; seeing Denise and getting the chance to 'explore' more of what I'm working on..I've taken lesson for quite some time now, but still really need that reassuring/critical assessment that comes with the 1/2 hr lesson AND knowing that I have the lesson makes me 'get to it' and practice more than I would on my own, sad BUT true! I really do enjoy playing the piano, but more than anything else I enjoy the dissecting of the new piece and then re-assembling it into something that sounds somewhat like it was intended...The puzzle solving is my favorite part...It starts outs as black dots on a piece paper and once dissected, individual measures/hands apart, well, then slowly you build something that starts to make sense, on some level (: I know that when I talk with people about this, unless they've played an instrument at some point in their lives, it as though I'm talking some foreign language and in many ways it's exactly that, another language...Until I had a basic grasp of the music 'language' I definitely had no clue...Now, although I still really do take it slow, at least I'm able to do the 'Tear-Apart/Build-Back-Up' thing and that's what I really enjoy..Oh, don't get me wrong..I feel pretty good when I'm able to play a piece somewhat profficiently, but the first part is definitely 'the hook'for me...I've gotten to the place where sitting and practicing is actually very enjoyable, although, I'm really hard on myself ( "Gee, really? That's hard to believe!") BUT I'm''Tearing That Apart/Building That Back Up", the thought process involved, too......After all, I'm doing this because I want to, right??? RIGHT ! And On We Go/Flow...... Etruscan Couple @ the Villa Giula TREAT YOURSELF WELL

No comments: